Students at St Bede’s are encouraged to engage in all aspects of College life. They are offered a wide variety of co-curricular opportunities to pursue their interests, develop their strengths and in doing so, build a sense of community.
Included in the co-curricular offerings are the following:
- St Bede's Vocal Ensemble
- St Bede's Instrumental Ensemble
- St Bede’s and Diocesan Athletics Carnival
- St Bede’s and Diocesan Swimming Carnival
- Inter-school Sport Competitions
- St Bede’s and Diocesan Cross Country
- The Big Science Competition - designed to challenge students from years 7 to 10 and track their performance against state or national averages
- ASPIRE - an audition-based drama, dance, music and creative and performing arts program that provides benchmark quality training for students from Years 5 to 11. An initiative of the Catholic Schools Office, Diocese of Maitland-Newcastle, ASPIRE provides opportunity for students with a passion for the performing arts to grow, perform and shine.
- Public Speaking - students compete at school and the Diocesan level to develop the quality of their speaking skills.
- Debating - students compete at school and the Diocesan level to develop the quality of their debating skills.
- Premier’s Reading Challenge - aims to encourage a love of reading for leisure and pleasure in students, and to enable them to experience quality literature. It is not a competition but a challenge to each student to read, to read more and to read more widely. The Premier's Reading Challenge (PRC) is available for all NSW students in Kindergarten to Year 9, in government, independent, Catholic and home schools.